Learning from University of Seville...

The seminar and discussions on the theme and related topics shaken my self confidence. It is a fact that we have to progress in every aspect of our education. There is no specific time devoted for research in universities (in India) especially in humanities subjects. The routine discourses praises each others work and forget the requirement of the present day world. Focussed research work is lacking in our university system, as a result the research findings have no relevance to the reflection of our society, changes in cultural devolution or progress in outward thinking. 
University of Seville is having a heritage of 500 years or so, but the learning practices are modernised according to the needs of time. Incubation of innovative ideas come from researches and studies. Dedication to the work, support system, mendering are the main areas which we lack in our education system. 
I have been given an assignment to chair a session, in which I also had to present my paper. The participants were from Spain, and Poland other than me. Other presentations were on old age issues and tourism, website optimisation etc. My  presentation was on Currency regulation (Demonetisation and its effects on Tourism Industry). I utilised 10 minutes time to present my research and there was some questions as well. 
Some interesting research discussions I found was the role of technology on shaping tourists experience, analysing the effectiveness of digital marketing, online trends etc. 
There was tours to Tobacco factory of Seville (once up on a time Spain had the monopoly of Tobacco), and the Grand Cathedral and the palace.)









 

Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)