Remembering our hosts at Armeno

Today is October 10. It is almost one month we left Armeno. But the memories still cherish our every day life and feel nostalgic about the environment at Casa dei Padri. This article I would like to dedicate to Peter, the Mayor of Armeno and Ms. Elisa, our host at Casa dei Padri.

Peter
A very interesting person with full of energy. His presence creates a positive energy in the group although he speaks more in Italian and less in English. HE cared me very much from beginning, picked me from Arona, driven by himself, and showed us even the room at the Guest house. He again dropped me at Arona while I left to Rome, and then again picked me up from Arona. The day I came to know that he is the Mayor of the city I was really shocked. I asked many people is the fact correct. Every one said yes. I couldn’t imagine such a situation in a country like India. Even Shree from Sri Lanka told the same thing. He always used to motivate every one by individually asking about how everyone is feeling in the guest house. He also said. You are the best. Only best people are here.” For my visa even, Peter sent his own identity card.
Peter had shown great interest in the wellbeing of every single participant and he actively participated even in some of the sessions. On one day he read out a message of the local community of the municipality welcoming the summer school participants to Armeno.
From his gestures and actions we can easily make out how keen he is towards education, promotion of the place as a major tourist attractions. On one of the interactions Shree offered him that he will make a web site free of cost if Peter can give the content. I also offered Peter that I will do something for the promotion of the site as we were indebted to Mr. Peter and his hospitality.
Welcome Message by Peter, the Mayor of Armeno


Ms. Elisa
The full name of Elisa is Elisa Christina. She was one of the person whom I was contacting regularly for my visa and other information related to booking my train tickets for gong Rome. When I reached Casa dei Padri at Armeno, Peter introduced me to Ms. Elisa, rather she directed us to the rooms. As expected, she was very kind and always replied our queries with a wonderful smile.

Ms. Elisa took participants to the concert held at the local church. She also organised a farm dinner and visit to the local museum nearby. She could also manage visit to the nearby food museum where a demonstration of Italian cooking was done in presence of the renowned Chef Alfredo. On a fine evening we were also taken to the nearby mountain called Muttarona a skiing point for many tourists during winter.

I was amazed to see her energy levels and positive attitude to work. She always made sure that our stay enjoyable and comfortable at Armeno. In an interaction Ms. Elisa told me that she completed her Post Graduation from Milan and they are manufacturing some parts of Bentley Car. She visited Turkey and some other countries in Europe. I order to live a peaceful place she finally chose Armeno to to settle as it is a very calm and quiet place. She coordinates the activities in Casa dei Padri.

It is sure that every single participant had a memorable experience in Armeno with the warm hospitality provided by Peter, Elisa, Franchesco, Karlota and others at Casa Dei Padri.
Leading with a smile 


Peter, (white shirt) and Summer school Participants in Farm dinner

8th September evening -The final bye to all participants 




Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)