Are you SMART..?


Date 28.06.2011(Train No. 12559,Shivganga Express, Delhi-Varanasi (Coach A1).

It was my return trip from home town to Benaras. Delhi’s humid and sultry climate (people as well) was really irritating. Waited for platform no. 12 for more than 3 hours since 2 pm, my body was slowly succumbing to dehydration. AC coaches were decoupled and connected again (no idea why)  and that  cause the train a delay of 45 minutes.
Once the train started, I looked the co passengers. Here is a greater problem for me that I love to keep myself away from the near by people and surroundings. My berth was 2, upper berth, very close to the door. Berth number 1 and 3 were occupying by a middle aged person and his wife. Side upper berth was empty and lower berth was occupied by a young individual. To break the ice, my co passenger stated asking questions of my whereabouts. Soon I could understand that he is a professor in Ag. Science in  BHU, and settled in Delhi. He and his wife are moving to BHU to re join in the session. I remained to my own berth than daring for further discussions. From the conversations of the discussions of my co passengers, I could realise that the young fellow came in same train in the morning and there was an accident in Aligarh, where he walked few kilometres and hired a three wheeler, then a bus to reach Delhi, and many trains were also late because of the accident. 
Before the train started moving, Comesum staff brought food for the fellow sitting in side lower berth and he started having food. Once the train started moving. The Ticket examiner came and asked for ticket. I have shown the e-ticket, T.C. didn’t asked my id card. As a courtesy I informed the young fellow that TC has come and show his ticket. He just looked at me as if I asked him something very wrong, and continued to eat. This time I kept silence, but observed his actions.When the T.C. asked ticket, he just skipped him with a body language by telling that Khana khan eke bad de dum....T.C moved to the next cabin. This young guy seemed to be bold enough. Wearing  a Levis jeans and a half sleeve t Shirt, Reebok Sandals, holding a Black berry phone, the physique  appears as a bull in human shape (Approx. 5.8 or 6 feet height, 90 Kg. plus weight) . Face appeared as Imran Hashmi, the hero of Bollywood. Once he finished food he just asked to my co passenger in a dignified tone. Is there any problem for co pax if he occupies the  upper berth. treason was his body length is disproportionate to side upper seat. Till that time no body came to claimed it. Professor sir told him that there is no problem for him to occupy the upper berth. Second time again the young guy asked the same question by adding few words. I understood  that he would get down in Kanpur, and he has no tickets with him. 
When he asked permission again from the professor with emphasis saying he has no ticket, I was really surprised. But the reply of the professor was more interesting. He told to the young guy in English “how does it matter to me” me, he might have meant why should he care as he and his wife are having lower berths . I felt really awkward as how indifferent these people are. He didnt bother me as he might have felt who this idiot is and even from his body language I also became bit scared to ask why he is travelling without ticket .... if he throws me out of train ......? Similar incidents occurred before flashed in my memory...!
The T.C came later,  collected his bucks and reminded him to get down in Kanpur and till there that berth is empty. Mean time, I went to the side lower berth and started reading a book. It continued till I got my food from Pantry workers. Then slowly moved in to the blankets. Next day morning, when  I woke up someone else where in upper berth. The train reached Varanasi at right time and the chapter is finished there. 
But few questions still exists ......?
1.        How dare this guy is to travel in 2nd AC without ticket?
2.       How shamelessly T.C. allowed him to travel with just getting a bribe of Rs 500 or so(perhaps less than that)
3.       How indifferently the professor answered his questions and behaved to me even....
4.      If an accident was occurred, and we lose our life/injured how this guy would have been identified . if     identified as whom/on what capacity he was travelling in that class?
Who cares all these na? Its India, where 350 crores people live ....
What I understood that we, no I should be SMART enough to handle situations and life at any time 


S= Selfish, M = Manipulative, A= Articulate, R= Readiness for anything (in most cases RIDICULE others around you), T = Trendy in fashions/wearing. 
(notice: if you do similar things, it will be at your own risk, and the author will not have any role in it)

Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)