RGSC diary -Sep 10, 2010

It is too early to wake up at 6 for me. Today body seems like the bed more than any day . The force of mind pressurises to wake up and get ready. The bus leaves the campus at 8 am, but if I amn’t preparing then I won’t reach the place on time.



Reached proctor office(main Campus) at 7.45 a.m. Bus to RGSC start from here. Could see the bus parked in front of the proctor office. There is no rush today? But surprisingly almost all seats are booked by teachers by keeping their bag in and fortunately got a seat in the middle of the bus. Its 5 mns to 8 and all seats are filled up. Teaching staff and non teaching staff are ready for the days work to RGSC. A young lady came in the last minute. There is no seat available by this time. At first, I thought I should give her my seat. But next moment, mind told me to wait as the lady seats are occupied by gents and decided let the gents give her seat. Interestingly none give her a seat there and she moved back, where there was a seat available. When I got down from the seat, I saw she was seating in the last corner seat where it was very difficult to sit for two years. A splash of guilty feeling pierced my mind as I could have give her my seat.


Reached bypass after a bumpy ride through the narrow seer gate road . Three to four people entered. This time there is a middle aged lady too. First appearance say she is a teaching staff and rest all are non teaching . A gentleman was sitting in the ladies seat, but the lady didn’t stepback, she forced him to leave the seat for her.


A young person was sitting next to me and seems he is from a modern background. Introduced myself. All of a sudden strangeness moved in to respect. He is a newly joined contractual lecturer and junior to me. Lot of talks on the present education system enroute. When I felt all topics under the earth is finished to criticise, moved back to the best posture .. to sleep …someone woke me up in between a deep sleep. Oh. I have to write my name and sign now.


Woke up when we reached Mirzapur. River Ganges is flowing in its full fury. Now it look like a young . girl, who is very furious and running madly. The river carried all those things that is not required for the gentle human beings in the daily life.


The bus is climbing the Burkachha Hills now. The water tank is visible. Now the BHU gate is very close. After a journey of exactly 2 hours, we have reached RGSC. Though it is 10 am the day seems peak in summer. Heat all around. Saw the grinning face of Kaustav in the entrance. Moved to the administrative building. Prof. Shukla and a few other teachers are there in the Office room, who are busy to sign their register. just said hi to them and moved to the class room. Students are ready. Eager eyes. Skipping their attention moved to the teachers room. Asked for a cup of tea. Someone served it very quickly.


The class continued till 10-1.15 moved for lunch. Kaustav took me to the teachers mess. A normal vegetarian lunch. Came to know that Dean of Student is here. Met him for a short time. Class again at 2.30 to 5 . 5 hours of non stop class. Good that carried laptop. Could use some presentations. Tired at the end and a cup of tea is the only solution for me.


Had a record day. Nonstop classes till 5, consumed very less amount of tea, after a long time (today only 4 cups..small, other wise 4 large and 3 small).


Evening was really entertaining moved to the hostel. Met all seniors students at Vindyachal. Saket, Amaresh and Atul met with an accident and Atul had serious wounds in his left hand, side of stomach and leg, Saket had a wound in right hand. Amaresh suffered a serious injury in face. I felt guilty that because of me this happened to them.


They went for a survey yesterday to a near village as per my instructions. When they returned, they met with an accident at the foot of the hill. A cow came in the middle of the road from the near jungle. They couldn’t stop and all fell down in the road. God give them life back. This time also I see the hands of God as if anything would have happened I should have answered for this.


All of a sudden power left. By the time somebody brought tea. By mistake they served me a tea without sugar. (they must have thought that I may reach that age that I shouldnot use sugar…just kidding).


It was really hot in the room as there is no electricity. We went to the terrace. It reminded me  the same location used in 3 idiots. A water tank is near by. All students are standing in front of me, and we are about to take a decision. It is also September. (pls don’t misunderstand we don’t have vodka with us, as I am a teacher now.). All of them started talking on various issues, ideas, future etc. sometimes I felt that I really felt bad that I coulnt do anything for them other than just lipservice.


Power came at 9, and we are now in canteen. Students are waiting for rotis. Atul and Naveen is competing each other to feed me. Hot rotis, aloo subzi, Shahi Panner, gulab jamoon. Wah.. great food. I thought I should only take one jamoon, but the taste made me to request for one more.


Once the dinner finished my stomached looked like a unmatched belly with lot of fat where the skinny body remained a question mark. Whatever I eat, it only goes through the stomach and intestines, not getting any use . Atleast show that I have some muzzles. Thanked the students and moved back to the hostel. Stomach seems to be enlarged than normal size. For safe side requested a dygeine from my friend in Agriculture. Reached the hostel. The room is opened and found three other teachers from Education. Just said hi to them and now it is the time to check mails. No new mails. Slightly disappointed, what I expected is not there. Turned back to typing this long blog. Its about to finish. My room mate just peeped and checked whether I am sleeping. He found I am in same position with laptop.


Yaa. This is the last line. Its done


Now Its 11.30 p.m. Eyes are tired. An indication to go to bed.


Good bye to 10 September …


Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)