My first experience with Airbnb

My habitacion (accommodation) was arranged through Airbnb in Madrid. It was a long story of persuasion to finally get a night accommodation in Madrid. I was looking for a cheaper place to stay on the day of my arrival as my train to Seville was next day afternoon. I got good options near the railway station called Atocha. Later I got a regret mail saying that the host denied accommodation due to some repairs of her house taking place that point of time. Then around six bookings, proceeded with cancellations. Meantime my research scholar tried through his contact in Ireland to confirm one place. As per his advice I used the option, instant confirmation and got a place of Pablo and Leire at a coast of Approx 3500 for one night. Then I realised this amount is more or less equal to the standards of a three star hotel. 
As there was no option, I chose the option to stay there and finding this place. After reaching in the late evening at around 10.45 pm. There was no one to ask the direction of the house or exact building number. I wondered what to do and felt like lost. Walked for a few distance ahead and I found some couple spending their evening time. I asked them for directions in English but I didnt get any reply other than a smile. English is not understood well or Spanish is the only language they know!.
Moved further ahead after a few steps I found an old man moving slowly. He asked me whether I know French? I told know.
Disappointed and backed to the main road for a taxi. Then as a last attempt I tried to seek help from a young person coming from the opposite side. I requested to help me to find out the flat, then fortunately he took me to the building. The third floor of a five storey building in which my apartment was coded as A. I rang the bell of my home then one elderly person came out. He smiled and told me something in Spanish, but I realised that finally I reached my house.
Directly I went in to the room allotted to me. It was a small but beautiful room with a cabinet with sufficient hangers for clothes.
I asked for drinking water, but he gave me a coke, which was my whole drinking source till next  morning. Body was s tired and sleep embraced me quickly.



Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)