Life at Madrid

25 June (Sunday): I am officially in Madrid. The day started with a thought on how to move ahead and use the time wisely. After freshening up I spoke to Mr. Jesus in gestures. He understood that I need some tea, hence he showed me how to make coffee from the machine. Fill the baked coffee bean in to crush it in a jar, then take it in t a filter, plug it in to the coffee maker. Once coffee is brewed inside the machine, we can take it out. The pure coffee appears like a shot of rum for me as I never fond of just black coffee. I took a little coffee with great difficulty, with the help of the biscuits I carried. 
The view from the window gave a glimpse of the city life on sunday. No one around except some fast moving cars. Complete silence. In Varanasi, once the day starts you here lot of sounds. The paperwala, the vegetable sellers, fruit sellers, school bus horns and so many things....Here a full stop to all such noises. 
Mr. Jesus was very eagerly watching you tube videos in the big LED TV screen without any break. 

There was no sign that my host Me. Pablo though the time was 10.30 am. My impatience to leave the house was well understood by Mr. Jesus and he tried to explain in Spanish that Mr. Pablo is in deep sleep as he came very late last night. I could understand bits and pieces of what he meant. 
By 11 am I took my bags out and told Jesus that I will leave as I have a train to Seville. Then he knocked the door of Pablo very politely, but here was no response. Then he called him in his personal mobile. I was imagining that if the same case was in India, we would have woken up up the host at any cost. Finally Mr. Pablo came with swollen red eyes (in the mid of deep sleep) I woke him up. He spoke very good English and explained me what to do to catch a train to Atocha Station. Expressing my deep gratitude and saying bye to him, I just moved out . Finding the road going in to two directions, I decided to take the random choice to get a taxi. No taxi came and I thought to drag my bag and move ahead till I find my taxi. After taking up a turn I found the board of railway station, which eased my tension. The signal indicated that My station is walkable distance. 
The sky scrappers around the road indicated the richness of the city. KPMG building and UNWTO head quarters were near to the place I was staying. I reached station and found the  Chamartin Station with the ambience of an airport. 

Chamartin Station                                                           Renfe train (local metro)

 I had a AVE (high speed train ticket from Atocha to Seville) ticket hence I just had to enter the PNR and get a simple metro ticket at free of cost. The process was explained by an elderly person and my experiences reminded me of my first metro journey in Kolkata.
There were very less number of passengers to board the train, and the train took less than 20 minutes to reach the Station Atocha.

Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)