Hola Madrid...Hello, the city of Real Madrid

After arrival, I had an unknown emotional upsurge. Some kind of excitement , but fear at some corners. I have to reach the city. From google, I downloaded the city train network, but virtually to get ticket and finding the right place was a question. Moved to the arrival hall, found that the wifi is working. The only hope of international connectivity as I didn't have international roaming in phone. 
After collecting baggage, I dared to ask the security people to ask where can i take the train. They advised me to go to departure area, their I can take a free shuttle bus to terminal 4 (currently I was in Terminal 1). Moved towards the elevator, and reached the upper floor of departure. Then stepped out to find my bus. I noticed a Mercedes bus with a lady driver who looked nothing less than a hollywood actress. Boarded the bus. Three other passengers joined. The bus started at right time. The bus had only 4 passengers, but it was moving at a speed of around 120 km/h speed. No traffic issues around. it stopped T2, T3 and finally reached T4. 

The metro station is connected with the airport and it serves as a major transit point to the city's major railway stations. One english speaking foreigner helped us to get a ticket for the journey. The ticket cost me 5 Euros, whereas a taxi would have costed nothing less than 20 Euros. Within 20 minutes the train reached the station Neuvos Ministery, which is the major hub of train operations (local). I had to reach Chamartin station. After getting another train, I reached my final destination. 
Its 10.30 pm and none is outside of the station. No taxis and nothing. I was little tensed and highly disappointed. 
Walked out to the street and found some restaurants and people enjoying their dinner. I found a taxi coming in my direction. I waved my hands to stop the car , then showed the address. He spoke something in Spanish, I didnt understand anything. The GPS showed the address, as I entered the car. 
The roads were empty except some bikers and luxury cars passing. The driver took the taxi to a housing colony and stopped the car in front of a building. He hinted me that this is the address. I moved out of the taxi and then then...my strange experience in a strange city started

Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)