AVE.. the super fast experience

I reached Atocha station well ahead of time. While looking around an eatery, I found a shop offers different type of breads, fruits, fruit juices etc. After checking the price, I placed order for a chicken burger and a fruit juice which cost around 5 euros. Lot of passengers  were moving around and I realised that it is one of the busiest stations of Spain. Part of the building is designed as a shopping area and other side is open space for the commuters to rest, spend waiting time.

The main building from outside                                                           Inside the station (waiting area)


There are a number of eateries, souvenir shops, garments shop, fashionable products inside the station premises. After few minutes I stepped outside to see the streets. Look at the pictures below.


 There is an AVE information counter which helps the tourists and passengers, where people line up in que and clear their doubts. I too checked the departure gate of the train. Around one hour before departure I reached the departure gate. The LED screen displays the train umber and the destination. Train reaches the platform 20 minutes before departure, and the passengers have to show the eticket or printed ticket to the checking official. They scan the QR code of the ticket and then move to the platform. There are 4- 6 coaches in each train depends on rush. Every where smart people, no sign of trash, shouting, or noise of sellers. The train was already parked at the station and I slowly moved to my seat.

The train is beautifully designed
and the seats are with good cushions. There are TV screens shows in the aisles hanging from the ceiling. The train runs at a speed of 250 km/h. 

Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)