Teachers Day at Armeno


On 5th September, I did a small presentation on how teachers are treated in India and the tradition of Guru Shishya as per our culture. I wrote the sloka “Guru Brahma......Guruve Namah” in Hindi and explained the meaning to the participants and those teachers present. Then I requested Prof. Danismo, Prof. Cantoni and Dr. Silvia to come in front. Then as per Indian traditions I touched the feet of our teachers in Summer School and sought blessings. This was a real surprise for the whole participants and teachers as they had never heard of it before. The professors were really shaken by the greatness of Indian custom of respecting the teachers. Prof. Danismo hugged me by saying our country is really great and that moment even I had tears of happiness in my eyes.
(Photo: Mengo)



My morning walk:
As my body clock didn’t work with Italian time, I used to wake up early in the morning some time at 4 or 4.30 am.  My patience level broke as the day starts, then I moved out for walks to explore the nearby places. Roads were literally empty and all buildings look same and all signs were in Italian, which made me confused at not once, but somehow I used to return to my hotel.
 

Escaping the Dog.
On one fine morning, while walking I had to encounter a dog’s fury. It seemed that the dog didn’t like any stranger on the vicinity as I was slowly walking on the road nearby the residential line. It jumped at me from its enclosures and I was really scared. Having no interest to see it gets wild, I slowly returned to my starting point. Though the dog was at a safe distance and within a house’s territory, I never wanted to take a chance. But funnily, it was also interesting to see the elders of the home usually walk with a well trained dog and there is little scope that it may attack someone. After a couple of days I stopped walking and I practiced yoga in the open space in front of our house.  There is a different experience when the morning dew of the grass touch your feet. It gives you fresh energy and enthusiasm. 

The mornings in Armeno







Popular posts from this blog

Kashi...(written in 2018)